Annual trainee/apprentice programme
Every year we aim to welcome one new apprentice or trainee into the firm. Our recruitment process normally starts in the spring and training starts in earnest in August. This is a fully funded, structured programme that can take you on an exciting career journey.
To apply, we look for the following qualities:
- Good communication skills and of course you need to be numerate. Good IT skills are essential and you also need to be prepared for hard work.
- GCSE at Grade 6 or above in English and Maths are a pre-requisite and preference will be given to applicants with A Levels at least to 260 UCAS points.
- A friendly personality and the ability to connect with people at all levels.
If you are accepted:
- You will normally start training at Kendal College studying for an Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) qualification. This usually takes two years to complete.
- Qualified AAT staff may then be given the option of taking the Association of Taxation Technician (ATT) qualification which is also around two years to complete.
- Once you complete the AAT and ATT qualifications you may commence an ACA training contract for a minimum of 36 months where you get a structured programme of learning together on-the-job work experience, mentoring and individual work-based tuition
Throughout the programme we pay for all course fees, exams and study leave.