William Stables opened for business in Kendal in 1926 and went into partnership with Geoff Thompson in the 1960’s, the latter having joined the firm from school. David Briscoe, also having joined the firm from school, joined Geoff as a partner in 1974, William Stables having by then died in a motor accident. Geoff has also now passed away and David retired in 2018.
There are details of our existing owners on the “Our directors” page.
Having outgrown its office in Finkle Street the firm moved to its current location around 1955.